Disqus

Friday, July 24, 2009

PET scan

The fact that Susan has been more mentally burdened this week makes me glad we were able to get in for her Dopa-PET scan at UCLA today. It's a type of CT scanner that uses a radioactive chemical called Dopa injected in the bloodstream to highlight images of the brain. They keep the syringe encased in a heavy tungsten enclosure the size of a thermos and connect it to an IV.

Susan was so full of the stuff she could change our car radio stations by waving her hand. It prompted comments from me like, "Honey, I know you're not a Nazi, but I need to hold your arm that way so we can listen to KRLA on the way home." It's hard to explain, but I think our microwave is jealous. With Susan's new glow, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to keep the nightlights off for a while. We'll get the results on Monday and we trust God as ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know how amazing I think you and your family are. The fight you keep fighting...the optimism and humor you both share and the faith that continues to grow in you with every entry. I consider myself blessed to have met the both of you during Joanne's walk with faith and continue to look foward to your entries. God Bless you and your family. May he shine down on you all!

Michael Buccowich said...

Thank you, Beth! I think of Joanne often and will get in touch with Floyd again. God bless you and your family...mpb