Disqus

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Brain hemorrhage

We learned this morning that Susan has had a brain hemorrhage. She had a CT scan around midnight after arriving earlier at UCLA from acute rehab in Long Beach. The neurosurgery resident said they observed discreet areas of bleeding and have ordered a second CT scan to check its progress. She’ll have an MRI soon as well for greater detail and will be moved to ICU.

The priority is to stabilize her bleeding with a drug that counters the effect of Coumadin she had during her stay in rehab that was used to treat blood clots they discovered in both legs. Such a deal. Once she’s stable, they’ll decide next steps.

Yesterday afternoon I got concerned when she became discomforted and verbally unresponsive, though awake and mostly alert. Since about 2am, she’s been sleeping and mostly unresponsive.

Susan had a brain bleed a little over four years ago that brought her to ICU here with preparations for surgery, but the bleed resolved on its own. Please pray for another such outcome.  
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me.
He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me — God sends forth his love and his faithfulness. Psalm 57:1-3

3 comments:

cindy_dy0121 said...

I had a great experience and would love to use this site again.

www.gofastek.com

rachellemadrigal said...

Interesting article. I find myself feeling a little guilty of falling into your trap of how you get people to comment on your blogs. Besides that I really like a couple of ideas you present.

www.imarksweb.org

skye_marie said...

I'm surprised of how a lot of effort you place to make this type of great informative web site. thanks for hosting!

www.n8fan.net