Disqus

Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Heaven

Susan went to Heaven this morning. I was lying on the couch not sleeping when Daisy barked softly a couple of times. Alerted, I stepped over to Susan right away. She had stopped breathing. It was 4:23am. I listened as her heart quietly stopped beating a few minutes later.

Pastor Ken shared this word with us yesterday from Psalm 73:
“Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.”
Our sister-in-law Nancy shared this word with us today, John 10:28, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.”

I also think of John 14:19, “Because I live, you also will live.” The Word, the Word of the Lord, the Word of Life. Such a comfort. Such grace when we need it. Our God is everything to us.

8 comments:

Kenneth and Valerie Romberg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kenneth and Valerie Romberg said...

Mike, our thoughts go out to you & your family, for the loss of your wife & mother. Our sincere condolences to your family at this time. Susan is finally free from pain, & is at peace with loving others who have gone before. Take comfort & know you can be together again.
Love, Ken & Valerie Romberg

Jane Lemmen said...

Mike, I couldn't bring myself to "like" your post on facebook. Somehow, that seems inappropriate. However, I appreciate that God has the final and eternal word in Susan's life. I also know that in spite of how many days, weeks, months, years Susan has bravely fought this, that you have prepared yourselves to say goodbye and let go. And, yet, it is still hard to say the final goodbye. You have loved, supported, and encouraged valiantly. You have been committed to and loved your wife faithfully. Thank you for taking your marriage vows seriously. You and Susan have been a testimony for and to many people. May your marriage and commitment to each other and to God be the legacy of your lives. Many prayers and blessings as you move ahead in life without Susan. May God be a constant source of comfort and strength. You are in our prayers...

shirley heuer said...

Mike and family,
Your love, patience, and kindness to your beautiful wife and your children's mother .... were a testimony of Our Heavenly Father. And now Susan is there in Heaven. I look at the history of updates over the years and recognize how you have provided us a window to Susan and her world here on earth. To be connected in this way gave us the opportunity to know how strong and lovely she was along this enduring fight for her life. Only a mother would hang on so long, and what peace and amazement Susan finally experienced to actually have met our Lord in person. And because you provided us with such clear journals... I am so saddened over this loss for you and your family. Your site kept us all close and tuned in. Her legacy will remain in our memories forever.

sheryl Murray said...

I know you don't know me, but I am truely sorry to hear about Susan and her illness. I grew up with Susan in Paramount and moved away after college. It is sad to hear about another great woman falling to cancer. God Bless and my prayers are with your family.

Sheryl Bulkley-Murray

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike & Family,
I am so sorry for your loss. My family will continue to pray for you and your family during this most difficult time. You, Susan and your family are such a beautiful example of what love truly is. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family. Take care.
Your Friend,
Gerric

Anonymous said...

So sorry for you and your families loss.... I will continue to keep y'all in my prayers (( <3 ))

mpbucco said...

Thank you!