Disqus

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Inspiration

Today was a wonderful day of worship and blessing. After awesome music, communion, and Bill White’s sermon at the 10:30 service at Emmanuel, we felt beautifully connected to the Lord and the Body of Christ. We headed to Casa Gamino with the boys after church for some of our favorite Mexican food on the planet. Gloria Gamino and her family were having lunch with Bob & Kristin Feenstra when we arrived. We saw Jerry & Sheryl Vos there too. Dear Gloria surprised us by having an appetizer sent over – chimichangitas, which the boys loved and devoured. Then she surprised us again by taking care of our entire meal! What a precious gift. We feel so loved.

The Inspirational Choir brought their 7th annual Night of Inspiration on Sunday night. Words can’t describe it, but “phenomenal experience with God” comes pretty close. I think I sang in each of the prior six worship events, so it was a new experience for me to be sitting in a pew next to Susan instead of swaying with the choir. I had intended to sing this year, but I needed to focus on Susan. I realized again how much she’s enabled me to do ministry in the past by taking care of family and home. We arrived late (I don’t think we’ve been anywhere on time the past few weeks) and were graciously provided two seats in the crowded sanctuary – on the aisle, with perfect viewing for Susan. I started weeping by the second song, overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord in worship as the magnificent choir, soloists, and musicians entered in to the presence of God. I felt the weight of our circumstances lift as we worshiped and enjoyed the freedom of praising the Lord with other worshipers going all out. I’ve missed that. I still sang with the choir – I just faced the other direction. Our guests from Faith Inspirational MBC in Compton who also led in worship and dance provided another shared experience with our brothers and sisters from outside our walls. They helped bring the night’s “Change the World” theme into reality. The night was rich – we left feeling terrifically spent and satisfied.

No comments: