Disqus

Monday, June 9, 2008

Regression

Susan’s exhaustion and weakness intensified today. I stayed around this morning to assist and observe her, trying to determine what level of help she needs. I’m not comfortable to leave her with our friends from church since they’re used to doing errands, activities, and exercises with her and not the greater demands of lifting and hygiene. Susan is not like she was two months ago, at least for now. Her condition became more evident when Sheryl Vos arrived for her Monday visit and took Susan to the chiropractor. Susan could not get down our steps without help and could barely lift herself into Sheryl’s SUV. I called Dr Nghiemphu while they were gone. As I described Susan’s state of being, we tried to reason together whether her symptoms are coming from tumor growth or drugs. She really needs to see her for a proper evaluation, but she thinks it can wait until Wednesday at the time of the next infusion. She said I should not reduce her decadron dose yet. Meanwhile, I need to attend to my wife at home. I called the office to clear my schedule until later in the week.

No comments: